As a She Recovers Signature Coach, I’m excited to launch this in-person workshop series for women in Victoria, BC. This opportunity to experience a variety of methods and modalities of healing and connection will be held this fall in a welcoming, safe space. Descriptions and dates will be added here as they become available.
About the Workshops
Cost is $60 per workshop
- Once booked, you will be contacted for payment information (visa, mc, e-transfer accepted)
- These groups sessions will be limited in size (12 per workshop)
- Tea and a light snack will be offered at each workshop
- You will be contacted via email prior to each workshop with the location and if there are any items you may need or want to bring
- If the session sells out, please email me to be put on a wait list
- If you have any questions at all please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation policy: more than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be refunded, within 1 week of the workshop will be held as a credit towards another workshop, within 48 hours of the workshop will not be refunded or credited
- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT – The Ritual of Self-Care with Taryn Strong, RYT
November 4, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
“We understand that the practice of radical self-care is paramount to our well-being” ~She Recovers
Acts of self care vary from person to person. For some, self care may include a walk, taking a bath, reading a book, or a cup of a tea with a dear friend. In this workshop, Taryn will share her daily self care practices and rituals – yoga, meditation and the daily use of essential oils. Enjoy a yoga practice (beginner friendly/suitable for all levels) which will be designed to nourish your body, mind and spirit. The yoga class will be followed by an introduction to Taryn’s favourite essential oils for recovery. She will explain the benefits of the oils and how she uses them. Taryn will also provide the sequence of poses to take with you for your home practice, as well as a gift of an oil for you to enjoy. You will leave the workshop feeling grounded, refreshed and inspired to make daily self care a priority.
Taryn Strong is grateful to be in recovery from drug addiction, self harm, disordered eating and codependency. Taryn was raised by recovering parents so recovery has been a part of her everyday life for a long time. She completed her 300 hour yoga teaching training program in her home town of Victoria, British Columbia in 2007 after falling in love with yogic philosophies and the power of transformation through the mind/body/spirit connection. Taryn received her “Yoga of Recovery” certification at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm and her “Yoga for Trauma” certification in 2014. She has since developed a unique “Yoga for Recovery” program which integrates yoga and meditation with spirituality and recovery principles from a wide variety of recovery pathways (including but not limited to the 12 step pathway). In addition to teaching yoga classes across Victoria and leading the Yoga for Recovery program for She Recovers Retreats, Taryn’s latest role is as the creator and artisan of She Recovers Malas.