As a She Recovers Signature Coach, I’m excited to launch this in-person workshop series for women in Victoria, BC. This opportunity to experience a variety of methods and modalities of healing and connection will be held this fall in a welcoming, safe space. Descriptions and dates will be added here as they become available.
About the Workshops
Cost is $60 per workshop
- Once booked, you will be contacted for payment information (visa, mc, e-transfer accepted)
- These groups sessions will be limited in size (12 per workshop)
- Tea and a light snack will be offered at each workshop
- You will be contacted via email prior to each workshop with the location and if there are any items you may need or want to bring
- If the session sells out, please email me to be put on a wait list
- If you have any questions at all please email me at email@example.com
- Cancellation policy: more than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be refunded, within 1 week of the workshop will be held as a credit towards another workshop, within 48 hours of the workshop will not be refunded or credited
- This event has passed.
Re-telling the Stories We Tell Ourselves with Alicia Shively, MA
September 16, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
“We focus on our strengths, not our defects. This is how we change.” ~She Recovers
Do you find yourself repeating particular stories about yourself? Do you find yourself interpreting things that happen around you in predictable ways? We all tell stories about our past experiences and use those stories to determine our reactions to our day-to-day life. Often, our stories seem unchangeable and the patterns will determine the path we can and will take.
In this workshop, we will explore the ways in which journaling can help you to understand and change the stories you tell yourself. Through guided exercises, we will explore how journaling can help you create alternative ways to understand your experiences. And it can help you to clarify and develop a greater sense of power and control in your life.
Alicia Shively has a passion for helping people learn to love to write and to use writing as an activity that empowers them to achieve their dreams. She is a coach and editor who has worked with people struggling with writing. She has taught writing for over 20 years in various academic and professional settings.